Saturday, March 7, 2009

Farewell, Philip!

or, Next Time, In Paris!

Amman, Jordan

Philip had to leave today, and I almost didn't get to say a proper goodbye. I had to get up and go to work at 9 AM, and he wasn't leaving till afternoon. Fortunately, I find good, generous friends wherever I go, and most of them seem to like each other as much as I like each of them. Exactly this was the case with Philip, Heba and my roommates Ryan and Kitty, who all went out for brunch at Tche Tche this morning to give Philip the proper farewell I couldn't.

But, as luck would have it, my afternoon client cancelled, and I got home in time to spend one last half hour with Philip before he set off for the airport. Heba and I have agreed to visit him in Lille, France, when he's studying there in the fall semester of 2010. You know, unless he ends up somewhere entirely different, in which case it's still my turn to visit him!
From Philip Goes Home

It was, in fact, the perfect afternoon for a cancellation. It's gotten dramatically warmer this week, and today was almost hot. After we saw Philip off, Ryan, Heba and I took Ryan's guitar (and a pair of his pants he asked me to teach him how to mend) up on the roof for a little sunbathing and visiting. It's really been a fantastic day, despite having to say au revoir, auf Wiedersehen, and il al-li'aa to my dear friend Philip!

No comments: