Saturday, April 27, 2013

Reunion, Elly-style

Cylburn Arboretum, Baltimore, MD
From Cylburn Arboretum
Why do I love Facebook? For one thing, when Elly puts out a suggestion that Goucher Grads might meet for a picnic at the Arboretum while I'm in town, I find myself dining on a mountain of fresh fruits and veggies with people I haven't talked to in years! (10 years, to be exact, that being the number of years since we graduated from Goucher....)

I'd been meaning to visit friends in Baltimore for months and never found the right weekend, so the reunion made the perfect excuse. And anyway, I'd been really bummed to miss the 5 year because I was graduating from Indiana U for my Masters.
Still adorable? Yep!
As it turned out, though, it was a reunion with more than just college friends. Elly happens to be dating my Prom date, who makes her ridiculously and very publicly happy, which is beautiful to see. He and I were in youth group together, but like any good YRUU, he fit right in with a group of Goucher Grads, with the same nerdiness, geekery and politics. It was really great to see him.

Next time, Baltimore and Baltimore friends, I won't let so much time go by! (In fact, I'll be back no later than Christmas for a Goucher Grad wedding!)
From Cylburn Arboretum

1 comment:

Candance said...

Okay, I admit it: I saw you mention a wedding around Christmas... and I was all, "OMG! Who is getting married?!"... and then I realized you were talking about MY wedding and I am getting married. AAAAAHHHHHHHHH!