Saturday, November 24, 2012

Cousins

Massachusetts, USA

I got to see the newest addition to our family at the NIC-U a couple weeks ago, but Grammie hadn't seen her newest great-grandson yet. So my sister and I--she's visiting from Colorado--offered to drive Grammie and Grandpa down to Massachusetts to meet him. First we stopped by at my cousin's house to see the elder great-grandson, S.

It's very important to S that no one wear shoes in his house, especially on his living room carpet, and sometimes he takes matters into his own hands. His Great-Grandpa, who never takes off his shoes, was simply charmed!

It was really fun to hang out with my sister, who hadn't seen my cousin in a few years, and just sit around the kitchen table, catching up.

We did go and see the new baby after awhile. His Great-Grammie got to hold him, but by the time I saw him he was rolled over against the wall having his dinner.

After the hospital, there was a real treat waiting for us back at my cousin's house. Her in-laws had sent homemade Christmas Stollen from Dresden, a traditional fruitcake-like bread that's just delicious! Happy Holidays!
From Massachusetts

No comments: