Saturday, February 25, 2012

Winter, At Last!

South Bridgton, Maine, USA

Naturally, we got beautiful snow the night before I had to leave....
From Real Snow At Last!
One of the things I was most looking forward to in moving back to America was real winter ... especially after living in Cairo! Maybe it's symptomatic of global climate change, or maybe it's just bad luck, but once again this is a terrible winter for snow!

Sure, I saw snow in the White Mountains on my way to Vermont. I mean, when there's no snow in the Kancamagus Pass, then global warming is a serious problem! But it wasn't the same as having snow at home.

I wish it had come sooner, so I could spend more time in it than the 20 minutes it took to snap these photos, but it was so wonderful and refreshing to see the world blanketed in white!
From Real Snow At Last!

No comments: