Friday, May 1, 2009

Behind the Digital Revolution

Egypt, Cairo

I picked up all my photos today from a Kodak center down the street from Megan's apartment, and I'm very disappointed. I don't know if I over-baked my film, or if it was already bad when I bought it, or if it was just the development process. I do know that this photo shop scratched my negatives, so I'm leaning towards the theory that they did a generally bad job of developing my photos.

I'm going to try going back to the developer in University Street in Amman, and see if he does a more professional job, and we'll see if Hungary's developers are any better, but I'm beginning to think my camera is irreparably obsolete. Even though I'm years away from being able to afford a digital camera as advanced as my current film camera, I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and buy a digital camera, or else give up on photography altogether in Jordan and rely on Facebook for my scrapbooking needs....

If anyone (Jad?) can recommend a decent film developer in Amman, I'm getting desperate!

No comments: